Participants are competing for the Clow and Murphy trophies for the most points Junior and Senior. Winners will be announced on the NZ Milking Shorthorn facebook page. Results will be published in the Milking Shorthorn magazine, and certificates will be provided to the winners local Club for presentation.
- Open to any person meeting the age criteria showing a Milking Shorthorn calf; true to colour; registered (or eligible) at S1S status.
- Only Calves to be used to collect points
- The same animal.
- The same handler.
- Animal does not have to be owned by you, but you must do the preparation work.
- Points can be collected at Official A & P Shows, points will be accepted from Club Shows and On-Farm Competitions. To be stated when entering.
- The competition will run from 1 June to 31 May annually
- Junior – age 12 years & under (up to 31st of May). Senior – age 13 years to 25 years (from 1st of June).
- Animals to be entered by 30 September annually. A card will be provided to entrants to collate all results. This card is to be returned to the NZ Milking Shorthorn office by 30 June the following year.
Points are allocated as follows:
Breeds section for Calf or Yearling Heifer – eg: Milking Shorthorn/Other breeds Section, depending on show
1st – 6 points
2nd – 5 points
3rd – 4 points
4th – 3 points
5th – 2 points
If you get placed 6th and below, 1 point for participation is awarded in the breeds section only.
Junior Champion Milking Shorthorn (or other breeds) – 10 points
Reserve Junior Champion Milking Shorthorn (or other breeds) – 8 points
All Breeds calf or Yearling Heifer – Points as above, no extra participation points are awarded in all breeds if placed 6th or below.